In May 2008, Patterson Park Church ratified a revised Constitution and Bylaws establishing an Elder-led form of government. The full text of the Constitution and Bylaws is available by clicking on the link on this page, but in summary here is how Patterson Park Church is governed (see Article V, Section 2 of the PPC Constitution).
- We recognize Elders and Deacons as the offices of the church.
- Elders are primarily responsible for the spiritual oversight of the church and are the governmental body.
- The pastors attend Elder meetings whether or not they are serving as elders.
- Deacons are responsible to care for the physical needs of the church, to assist the Elders so the Elders can devote more time to teaching, preaching, prayer, and studying.
- The Deacons meet periodically to coordinate their efforts.
If you desire to serve as a Deacon or as an Elder, please review the Qualifications of Elder and Deacon, and the Constitution and Bylaws of the church.